Friday, July 27, 2012

Paper Bag Card Directions

Well, it's time for some more pictures to share.  One of the challenges I gave my Wednesday Daily Challenge Group (we call this Wacky Wednesday) was to make a card out of a paper bag
. Below are the steps and materials I used.
When you lay out your bag (size of a lunch bag works well) , the flap on the bottom of the bag should be to the left.  The open end of the bag should be to your right.  This is the INSIDE of the card.  You'll see how the flap is turned into a small pocket for a surprise  !   The opening can be another little pocket for something special for the recipient of this absolutely adorable card. As you're looking at the flattened bag(flap side up) , fold bag in half.  This is the size of the card you're making.








T

The next   4 pictures above  show how I decorated the cover of the card (bag) using the solid and patterned paper; flower embellishments; buttons and a stamp with the message  "SO MANY CANDLES".


The next pictures show how I decorated the left inside of the card. One of the pictures (with my finger in it) shows you what you need to do to brad only through one layer of  the flap .  This way you wont have your brad show on the front.   
 You can embellish as much or as little as you wish.  As you can see, I just can't embellish enough.   The little bookmark shown fits right into that side pocket that is shown. 

The next picture shows how to finish the inside right of the card(bag).  This isn't necessary, but I just wanted to give it a little edge. As you can see you, just glue the strip on both sides of the opening.  Then we ready to decorate the right side.  Finished that side off with the last sentiment "SO LITTLE CAKE" Next up is the back cover.  This was covered with the same color as the cover and embellished using pop dots  so that I could slip my ribbon through the front and back to give me something to close up  the card .


Finally I have pictures of the inside and outside of the finished card, along with the finished card.


Materials:
Card Stock-Recollections
Really Reasonable Ribbon
Stamp of choice
Flowers 
Brads




Hope you enjoyed this tutorial.  I had so much fun making it.  Let me know what you think. 



 
 

1 comment:

  1. Jacqy! I love this project and the way you posted all the photos along the way! Great job!!
    I'm so happy that you've featured this project in your application for the TSB Design Team, too!
    It really shows how creative and talented I already know you are!! (-:
    Love ya,
    {your adopted lil' one}
    Stacie

    ReplyDelete