Wednesday, August 24, 2011

New Operation Write Home Fall Card


First card of several I hope to make within the next few days.  I want to get this batch of cards out sometime next week.  It's a Fall card with no sentiment.  Just pretty generic. Well, as usual I kind of messed up add ing these pictures.  But I'm sure you get the idea.  You just get to get the idea twice instead of once since I double loaded them onto my blog.  Am  I good or what.  

The card is a standard A2 card.  
1) Before I started to do anything with my materials, I have to play around with some sketch ideas.  Hence the first few pictures.  I finally decided what I wanted to do and distressed the front  and back of the card using Distress Inks:  Barn Door; Tea Dye; and Old Paper.  

2)  Then I cut the brown cardstock to fit the front of the card along with a piece of same for the back using 3 1/2" by 4"  measurements.

3.) Using a 2" scalloped circle punch I cut one from orange cardstock.  

4.)  Then I made my bows using a fork(yes a fork) with 3/16" orange and brown checked ribbon.  Using the fork is a great way to make perfect small bows for your cards.

5.) I added the ribbon over the orange scalloped punchout.  

6.)  I then added a bronze brad on each corner.

7.)  Using some preglittered fall colored leaves I attached them together with a bronze brad just below the bow.    (these leaves were 2", the ones used on the back of the card were 1")

8.)  I then attached the entire brown piece using my handy dandy ATG adhesive .

9.)  For the back I attached the brads first .

10.)  At the bottom I attached the small pre glittered leaves on each corner.

11.) It doesn't show it, but I going to mat the Operation Write Home label and attach it to the center of the top piece on the back of the card.

Now onto my next card.

No comments:

Post a Comment